Thursday, April 25, 2013

oxen free 2

I feel a little alien when people sneer at "that hippy love shit."  Of course I am trying to tune in to what is good!  Of course I want to unlearn patterns that hurt me or other people and of course I want to learn to be a force for peace.  What else should I do with this life?  Gather an Ikea Gallery of a home?  Collect all things Apple and have more facebook friends?  What on earth would I live my life for but to cultivate this "hippy love shit?"  I don't care if it's hip, but, I must admit, it's lonely when you frown.


I wish I could cover our cynicism with glue and glitter.
 I wish I could plant a magnolia in our resignation.  
I feel the pull of the quick-fix-or-forget-it,
but then I can't forget it.
It calls me like a dirty-knee child,
can't you hear it?

Olly Olly Oxen Free.  Come out, come out wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment