Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mind Dust

It's amazing.

All I want to do is write. Specifically, write for the sake of sharing. More specifically, I just always want to get back to this blog. For a week or so, I've been spending all of my spare time writing, collecting "rough drafts" (as if i'll ever edit anything, as if I even know how to edit) of thoughts and opinions of things that I imagine I will one day post to the world... my three dedicated readers.

I start one little blog, with three actual posts, and three subscribing readers, and now I want to write about EVERYTHING! The first few days, I was inundated by memories and emotions and outlooks on life, all claiming an urgent need to be written about and shared. Start to sweep the attic and the dust bunnies flutter into your eyes and fly into your nose.

Today I noticed that I actually want to write about EVERYTHING as in literally, EVERYTHING.

Look, I even want to write about how I want to write about everything.

In order to write about everything, though, I would have to stop and observe the world. Listen to everything. Read about everything. Reflect on other's views of everything... In order to have the time to pay attention to everything, I have to stop using all of my free time writing about the random objects in the attic of my brain.

Not to mention that when I started this Spring cleaning of my head, I realized that I am allergic to mind dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment